Target Group: Who can apply?
Students interested in the Post-Bachelor program should have an excellent educational record, high self-organization skills and a dedication to work in science and research. Core subjects for the summer school are mathematical and computational methods with applications in
- Applied Mathematics
- Computer Science
- Image Processing
- Theoretical Physics & Astronomy
- Theoretical Chemistry
- Bio-Informatics & System Biology
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
The post-bachelor-program runs from January to November. Many students choose July-August or August-September as the visiting period, but different schedules are possible upon negotiation. Only students attending during August can also attend the cultural part, the Heidelberg international Summer School.
Individual selection of the visiting period should be discussed with the doctoral student mentor of each participant. Participation in the Heidelberg international Summer School will be a valuable part of your cultural experience at Heidelberg University and is therefore highly recommended.
Application timeline (2019):
- Start of Application Period: January 7, 2019
- End of Application Period: July 25, 2019
- Decision and Invitation: continuously
- Visiting Period: from January to November (usually 6-8 weeks)
! Please note: The application phase is closed. !
To apply for the Post-Bachelor program, please submit your personal data using our
In order to complete your application, you need the following data:
- Personal CV
- Scan of your highschool certificate
- Scan of your bachelor certificate (including complete transcripts) or latest transcript of records
- Letter of personal motivation for attendance
- Selection of two possible supervisors during your research stay
In addition you need to submit a letter of recommendation from a supervisor or lecturer - please send this document directly via mail or e-mail to:
- Mailing address:
Interdisciplinary Center for Scientific Computing (IWR)
Im Neuenheimer Feld 205
5th Floor • Room 5/232
After match making with the relevant work groups/supervisors (see list of members for possible options) we will get into contact with you to fix the details and make you an offer for your Post-Bachelor at HSG MathComp.