Mobility and Internationality of HGS MathComp
EMMA (Erasmus Mundus)
HGS MathComp offers and funds an international exchange program for its members and those supposed to be. During the first funding period of HGS MathComp by the German Research Foundation (DFG), more than 150 Doctoral Students joint into our Erasmus Mundus Mobility with Asia / EMMA. HGS MathComp features EMMA since 2009. See here a list of all attandees so far ( more).
Mobilities with Asian Countries:
- the Philippines
Romberg Guest Professorships
Besides an extensive exchange of foreign doctoral students and postdoctoral fellows, HGS MathComp continuously invites international top scientists for highlighting its curriculum. An extraordinary professorship was founded in 2008, called the Romberg Guest Professorship. Romberg lecturers are international scientists, who stay at HGS MathComp for up to half a year. They are leading experts in a scientific field taught at HGS MathComp and offer intensive trainings to the PhD candidates.
During the research stay, the famous guest can be met at the established Romberg office, IWR, INF 368, 5th floor, room 501.
HGS distinguished Romberg Professors
- Prof George C. Papanicolaou (Stanford University, USA)
- Prof. Hoang Xuan Phu (Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology)
- Prof. Andro Mikelic (University Lyon, France) (more)
- Prof. Mitchell Luskin (University of Minnesota, USA) (upcoming next)
Conferences and Events
From the beginning of their memberships HGS MathComp's students enjoy a large scientific community, which is regularily housing international conferences and workshops. By this the fellows of the graduate school are allowed to network with leading experts and they're part of the community. In total about 30 international conferences and workshops have been organized by members of the HGSMathComp during its first funding period.
This is only a selection of them:
- Intl. Conf. on High-Performance Scientific Computing, Hanoi 2009, 2012
- Scientific Computing & Cultural Heritage (SCCH), 2007, 2009, 2011
- Scientific Computing for the Cognitive Sciences, 2010
- Symposium on Challenges in Commodity - Energy Pricing and Revenue Management (SOCCER), 2010
- Workshop on Analytical and Numerical Methods for Multiscale Systems, 2011
- Workshop on Optimal Control and Economics, 2011
- Modeling of Molecular Properties, Intl. Conference on Theory and Computational Chemistry, 2011
- Modeling Day (5x). Successful format to promote modeling and simulation in Industry, and to contact local KMU-companies.