The Post-Bachelor program is a project summer school of HGS MathComp. In scientific projects participants get first hand experience on doing own research in one of the key labs of the graduate school (applied mathematics, computer science, theoretical chemistry, computational physics, systems biology ...). This serves as an introduction to a possible entry into the postgraduate and PhD programs at Heidelberg University.
The summer school is organized in cooperation with the international summer school of Heidelberg University. Students in their last year of bachelor or immediately after their bachelor studies are invited to join an interdisciplinary summer school for mathematics and computer science.
The program consists of two phases:
- The first phase (2-3 months) has an intense focus on research complemented by an optional lecture program in mathematical modelling, numerical mathematics, image processing and scientific computing.
- The second phase (optional; in August) is a culture and language training in cooperation with the central summer school of the university.
HGS MathComp invited candidates from all over the world to join this program as guest students of the graduate school. The training duration can be negotiated individually, but must last at least six weeks.
The school negotiates coverage of all fees, travel expenses, insurance and accommodation on an individual level with each applicant. Several sponsoring programs (Heidelberg University, DAAD, ...) are included to ensure maximum coverage of all costs.
Students from HGS MathComp cooperation institutes as well as candidates from higher education institutions around the world were invited to apply. The program was first run in 2013 (see list of participants 2013) and will be continued in 2014 and 2015.
Remark: The program is implemented with a mirror program at the research cluster CellNetworks. The conditions for participation are similar - if your research interests are in the area of cellular biology, you might also want to check out their post bachelor program.
The program for 2014 is closed . All summer school slots are taken. Thank you for your interest in the program. Applications for 2015 start in November.
- Start of Application: November 2014
- Application deadline: April 30th 2015
- Application webpage: Currently deactivatedApplication